Easterseals Washington was awarded a one-year grant from the Comcast NBCUniversal
Foundation to build a digital literacy and employment-training program that will result in digital
literacy (ability to safely communicate through various technology devices & platforms) skill
building and a paid internship for participants in their communities.
Who Can Participate?
Any young adult in Kitsap County age 18-24 with a diagnosed disability who is able to learn in a
small group environment and work fairly independently in a community-based job setting.
Workshops in a computer lab classroom in East Bremerton on these topics:
- Digital Literacy
- Digital Safety (Digital footprint, online predators, cyberbullying)
- Job readiness (Resumes, on the job behavior/customer service, interviews)
- Financial literacy (online banking, fraud prevention)
A 50-hour paid internship in their community
- We will work with the young adult to find a paid internship in an area of interest
- We will supply limited onsite support, working with the manager and intern to ensure
- Intern will gain real-world employment experience and build social skills for a work environment